Apple Wine Base- 128 oz
Vintner's Aplple Wine Base 128 oz. winemaking kit. Great fruit forward tasting wine!
Availability: In stock
Only 3 left
Vintners Best Apple wine base.
Makes 5 gallons of Apple wine. Includes all ingredients except yeast. 128 oz jug. No straining bag required.
Contains fermentable corn syrup, Apple Juice concentrate, Water, Malic Acid and natural flavors.
* Campden tablets, sorbate (or wine conditioner) and sugar may be needed for sweetening and stabilizing.
1. Sanitize: Clean all equipment and utensils with a sanitizing solution
2. Add Ingredients: In a sanitized fermenter, add 4 gallons of water and the one gallon fruit base. Stir well. Record Starting specific gravity (use a hydrometer).
3. Pitch Yeast: Sprinkle yeast on surface of the must and stir well. Allow fermentation to begin. Maintain temperature at 68-72 deg F. during fermentation.
4. Monitor: Fermentation will begin within 24-48 hours. Allow must to ferment for 2 weeks (14 days).
5. Secondary Racking: After 2 weeks of primary fermentation, rack the wine into a clean and sanitized secondary fermenter (glass or plastic carboy). Allow wine to finish fermentation for an additional 4 weeks (30 days).
6. Record: After the 4 week secondary fermentation, take a specific gravity reading with your hydrometer. If specific gravity is at or below 1.000, proceed with step 7. If gravity is higher than 1.000, continue fermentation until gravity is 1.000 or lower.
7. Stabilizing and clearing: Rack wine to a sanitized carboy, leaving any sediment behind. To stabilize the wine, add one crushed campden tablet per gallon of finished wine. Next, add 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate per gallon to the wine and stir well. Allow time for the wine to clear. After approximately 7 days, the wine should be clear and ready to sweeten/bottle. NOTE: do not move to sweetening step until wine is clear.
Write Your Own Review